Absolutely The Best Shrimp Scampi Recipe
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1 1/2 pounds fresh shrimp, shelled and deveined without tails
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 shallot, chopped
* 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
* 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
* 2 tablespoons white wine
* 2 tablespoons brandy
1. In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Mix thoroughly. Dredge shrimp in flour mixture.
2. In a large skillet, saute dredged shrimp in olive oil for 5 minutes over high heat. Toss shrimp often to prevent burning. Transfer shrimp with a slotted spoon to a serving dish, leaving the oil in the pan.
3. In the same pan, saute the garlic, shallot, parsley and oregano over medium heat for 3 minutes; stirring constantly. Spoon the mixture over the shrimp. Return pan to the heat. Preheat your broiler for medium heat.
4. Pour the wine and brandy into the skillet and ignite with a match or lighter. When the flames die down, stir to loosen any browned bits on the bottom of the skillet; pour over shrimp.
5. Place the serving dish of shrimp in a preheated broiler for about 2 minutes.
The best shrimp scampi recipe is ready to serve...a great one !