Spicy Shrimp Scampi Recipe
* 1 lb Large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 5 Tbs Butter
* 5 Tbs Olive oil
* 5 Cloves garlic, minced
* 1/2 tsp Ground white pepper
* 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes (I usually add more)
* 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
* 1/4 tsp Dried oregano
* Juice of 1 1/2 lemons
* 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
* 6 Tbs Italian bread crumbs
* 1/4 cup Parsley, minced
* Salt to taste
* 1 lb of Cooked fettucini or linguine
SHRIMP SCAMPI INSTRUCTIONS
1. Melt butter with the olive oil in a saute' pan.
2. When the mixture is hot, add the garlic, white pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano, and cayenne pepper making sure to stir well.
3. When garlic looks cooked but not brown (about 3 minutes), add the Shrimp. Toss the Shrimp about in the pan, coating them with the spiced oil.
4. Add the lemon juice and keep tossing over the heat.
5. Quickly add the parsley, bread crumbs, and Parmesan.
6. Toss to coat completely. The Shrimp should now be bright pink and cooked through.
7. Place the pan under the broiler until cheese looks melted (1 - 2 minutes).
8. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
9. Serve over the cooked pasta, with additional Parmesan sprinkled over the top.